Zone File Import not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Adi_72, Mar 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Adi_72

Adi_72 New Member

I have installd ISPConfig 3.2.8p1 on new machine.
    I would like to import dns config from old machine by "Zone File Import" (file from /etc/bind)
    But I get following error in Chrome:
    jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: e.indexOf is not a function
    at S.fn.init.S.fn.load (jquery.min.js:2:84932)
    at Object.submitUploadForm (ispconfig.js:226:19)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (ispconfig.js:662:55)
    at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.min.js:2:43064)
    at HTMLDocument.v.handle (jquery.min.js:2:41048)

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are you doing the zone import as instructed in ISPConfig Manual in chapter 4.8.1.2 Import Zone File?

3. Adi_72

Adi_72 New Member

I don't no. I cannot find this manual.
    The reason of new installation is, since begin of this year (?) I cannot enter new DNS entry anymore. I get those entry /etc/bind/pri.{domain}.err
    So I installed new Server from scratch. But here I get those error file by add new DNS Zone by wizard. I cannot see any error in the log files and I never had this behavior before.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A reinstall is not necessary for such an error as it just means that BIND rejected the zone due to errors (typos, missing dots at the end of the FQDN or missing records) which can be debugged easily like this: https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

Probably an issue with the newer jquery version used in that ISPConfig version. I'll add an issue report so we can check that for the next release.

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My signature has link to DNS setup tutorial, it has troubleshooting instructions. If you get .err files for the zones, tutorial shows how to find what is wrong with the zone.
    The manual is on ISPConfig documentation page. https://www.ispconfig.org/documentation/