"You do not have the necessary privileges"

Discussion in 'General' started by jmroth, May 18, 2008.

  1. jmroth

    jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    I am trying to delete a co-domain which occurs twice, once under the correct account, once somewhere else. No idea, why the same co-domain can be under two different accounts.
    When I try to delete the co-domain under the wrong account I get a "You do not have the necessary privileges to read or edit this entry." although I am logged in as the admin. Is it ok to just delete it from the DB or is it referenced somewhere else?
     
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

    Take a backup of the ISPConfig DB before you do this. The domain might be referenced in isp_nodes and isp_dep as well.
     
  3. jmroth

    jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    I didn't really find much in the DB to delete, so I decided to delete the first entry that I was still able to delete in ISPConfig, and the second one (same co-domain in another web) disappeared with it.
    Then I received lots of errors. I emptied the recycle bin, logged out and in again. Now I was able to add the co-domain to the right web, and it seems to be working.
    Very strange...
     
  4. jmroth

    jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    I have found more of those inconsistencies.
    Probably some wrong DB key used somewhere or just a database index that is not big enough and an existing is being erroneusly reused, although I believe the former.
    I don't know enough about the ISPC DB layout but if I can help by providing my DB (or parts of it) I would be willing to do so....
     
  5. madmucho

    madmucho ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    I experimenced same behavior on ispconfig Version: 2.2.40

    I must go directly to database, exacltly to `isp_isp_domain` and delete this bad asociated co-domain, was asociated to another website, and using GUI i dont have privileges to modify...wtf...so i delete them in databse and using GUI create to correct websites. Workaround, but worked.

    But i realy cannot simulate that again. That must be error in time of save.
     

Share This Page