Wrong Path?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AndyDE, May 8, 2018.

1. AndyDE

AndyDE New Member

Hello, before I installed ISPconfig I had a normal webserver now the default part is / var / www / html

Now I have installed ispconfig on it and if I assign the domain to a customer he gets the path / var / www / clients / client1 / web1

How can I change that now?
    / Var / www / clients / client1 / web1

How do I change that the web1 user also the main domain path is the website.

Sorry for bad english.

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Active Member

in the control panel, go to system -> server config, select the relevant webserver, and then switch to the web tab.

you'll see something like:

Server Type: apache
    Website Basedir: /var/www
    website path: /var/www/clients/client[client_id]/web[website_id]
    website symlinks: /var/www/[website_domain]/:/var/www/clients/client[client_id]/[website_domain]/

just be aware that this will change the paths for all clients and sites on that server.
    also, i'm not sure if changing these will affect already existing sites, or if you'll need to run a resync, maybe someone else on here can confirm that.

lee.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I highly recommend to not change any path settings there, you'll most likely break your server if you do so and the path /var/www/clients/client1/web1 is correct and there is also a symlink added with the domain name inside for easy shell navigation.