Working installation not receiving email after fat finger

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by higene, Mar 25, 2011.

1. higene

higene New Member

My ISPConfig3 on Debian installed following Perfect Lenny guide has been working well until I tried to "fix" it after a power outage.

I have a single domain, brat.com, which has a single mailbox, higene. In my haste to recover from a power outage, I deleted my Email Domain entry in ISPConfig. When that happened, my mailbox for higene was deleted. I added back my email domain, brat.com, and I added back my mailbox, higene "at" brat.com.

Now I cannot receive email (the bounced email says, "mail for brat.com loops back to myself"

And my mail logs show the following error:

Mar 25 11:12:34 brat02 postfix/trivial-rewrite[5065]: warning: do not list domain brat.com in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains

What have I done to my setup? I know that I've created a mail loop, but I don't understand why?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please remove brat.com from relay_domains in your /etc/postfix/main.cf.

3. higene

higene New Member

I found my mistake

In my pre-caffinated state, I added SMTP in email routing. Once removed, everything settled down. Thanks for the feedback. Main.cf points to virtual values in the db, so my "fat finger" was within the ISPConfig interface.

BTW, I bought the manual.:D