Wildcard SSL Certs - Same domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pssadm, Apr 5, 2016.

1. pssadm

pssadm New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm currently running ISPConfig Version:
    I have a domain called abc.com which has www. added as an alias along with SSL selected. All seems to work fine. In the SSL tab, i selected SSL Domain as www.abc.com

As it happens, I have another domain setup in ISP Config called wiki.abc.com (which on its own works fine.) -- I can't seem to enable the same wildcard cert on this site as ISP Config doesn't allow me to select the SSL Domain as *.abc.com.
    I tried copying the cert files into the SSL directory located at /var/www/wiki.abc.com/ssl, but that did not work.
    I'm very new to understanding SSL certs and how to apply them. Sorry if I've not worded this incorrectly.

I appreciate any help I can get.
    Thank you kindly.
  2. pssadm

pssadm New Member

I think I solved this:
    I took the working .crt / .key / and .csr files from the main domain abc.com (located in /var/www/abc.com/ssl) and copied them into the domain I wanted working. In the case above to /var/www/wiki.abc.com/ssl (i renamed them according to the sitename (i.e. wiki.abc.com.crt, wiki.abc.com.csr and wiki.abc.com.key)
    Making sure the SSL option was selected and not to use the SSL Tab (meaning I didn't create a Self Signed Cert).. I manually restarted apache and it for whatever reason it worked! ((I didn't find this in the manual)).

Just happy it works. Hope this post helps anyone else trying similar.