Whitelisted email still gets blocked.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Turbanator, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

Perfect server Debian Lenny x64 setup, ISPC3 latest.

Using ISPC3 control panel I've whitelisted the domain and individual emails in spamfilter whitelist and global filters postfix whitelist.

I have postgrey installed and running and have them whitelisted there.

I have manually added the domain to have postfix whitelist in hash (although I found out later that doesn't stop postfix from content scans)

I have added the domain into a whtielist array in amavis conf.d/.

I've restarted everything (actually rebooted overnight just in case I missed something...that's how frustrated I've become).

Emails from this 1 domain STILL get blocked and here is what's in mail.log:

Code:
    Mar 30 09:10:36 kbns1 postfix/cleanup[25452]: 9DA3E10B42D7: reject: header DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple;?  d=53.com; i=[email protected]; q=dns/txt; s=main;?  t=1301501436; x=1333037436;?  h=mime-version:subject:date:message-id:from:to:cc;?  z=MIME-Ver from mailgw3.53.com[216.82.180.40]; from=<prvs=063f9b533=[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailgw3.53.com>: 5.7.1 message content rejected

The message content has the following which is attached from MS Exchange on their end:
    Code:
    This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may =
    be privileged.
    It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e=
    -mail in error,
    please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.  If you are not t=
    he intended=20
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of =
    this information
    is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sen=
    der that the=20
    message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer=
     system. Your=20
    assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

------_=_NextPart_001_01CBEEF4.E65C50C4
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
    osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
    xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
    //www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=
    =3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Micros=
    oft Word 12 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
    /* Font Definitions */
    @font-face
    	{font-family:Calibri;
    	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
    /* Style Definitions */
    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    	{margin:0in;
    	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    	font-size:11.0pt;
    	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
    a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
    	{mso-style-priority:99;
    	color:blue;
    	text-decoration:underline;}
    a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
    	{mso-style-priority:99;
    	color:purple;
    	text-decoration:underline;}
    span.EmailStyle17
    	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
    	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    	color:windowtext;}
    .MsoChpDefault
    	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
    @page WordSection1
    	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
    	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
    div.WordSection1
    	{page:WordSection1;}
    --></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
    <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
    </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
    <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
    <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
    </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vli=
    nk=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p=
    ></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dan Kom=
    itor<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Senior Relationship Manager<o:p></o=
    :p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Fifth Third Bank<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNo=
    rmal>3344 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 800<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A=
    tlanta, GA 30326<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p=
     class=3DMsoNormal>404/279-4546-Office<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>4=
    04/783-1318-Cell<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>404/816-5187-Fax<o:p></=
    o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><span st=
    yle=3D'color:blue'>[email protected]</span></a> <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3D=
    MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><font face=3D"monospace">This e-mail t=
    ransmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged=
    .<br>
    It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e=
    -mail in error,<br>
    please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.&nbsp; If you are =
    not the intended <br>
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of =
    this information<br>
    is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sen=
    der that the <br>
    message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer=
     system. Your <br>
    assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    </font></body></html>
    ------_=_NextPart_001_01CBEEF4.E65C50C4--

Questions:
    Where else am I missing to whitelist??

What content is being blocked, is it that html code at the bottom? How can I tell? Any verbose or detailed log available?

If I stop amavis to see if that is what's blocking, will postfix still run and spamd take over?

I get the emails because I have the send CC to my gmail account and they come through no problem.

2. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

Update:
    I had them test again after I did the full system reboot...and NOW the emails are coming through.

BUT when I reply to them and they reply to me on the same email...it gets blocked.

If they send a fresh email, it comes through (even with the above footer information attached)...just replies aren't allowed tocome through.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011