When/howto install ClamAV in ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by millpark10, Dec 16, 2013.

1. millpark10

millpark10 Member

I am currently installing new ispconfigservers followin "mirror setup" in the ISPconfig3 manual. (Thank you for a very detailed dokument).

Using 2 HP proliant DL380G4 Servers with external SmartArray for storage.

Installed Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS following first "perfect-server-ubuntu-12.04-lts-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3" because I want LTS and apache.
    According to mirror setup, I followed only step 1-8 to setup the two base systems(actually 1-11 with 12.04lts) and continued installing the two servers.

When i read through the instructions it seems I will never install ClamAV this way. I need a direction how to get this in my current setup.
    "...ensure that your /etc/apt/sources.list contains the squeeze-updates repository (this makes sure you always get the newest updates for the ClamAV..."
    Probably I should not add squeeze-updates repository to my sources list?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. millpark10

millpark10 Member

Hi Till
    Thank you for your quick reply!

Found it on p50, sorry, thought I had read these manuals so many times now before I started this project, and still I missed it and asked. Sorry.

Do you think I should redo my installation and go for squeeze instead?
    Are the benefits so much better than just continue with 12.04.3 LTS.
    This will be a production system and as I know my way around (a bit at least) in
    ubuntu it feels a bit more comfortable.
    I realise ubuntu is built on debian.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is fine, no need to switch to squeeze. But you should consider to use the squeeze guide instead of the debian lenny guide from the manual. The squeeze guide is newer and uses a different approach for filesystem syncing as I've found out that glusterfs gets really slow when the filesystem contains huge amounts of small files like you have it in websites.
  5. millpark10

millpark10 Member

Till, youre the best!

Ok, I just restarted mysql on page 47 in ISPconfig3 manual (pdf-version).
    So if I understand you correct I just continue on page 7 in the
    "installing-a-web-email-and-mysql-database-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3" (pdf-version)?