Website harddisk quota

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tfboy, Feb 7, 2018.

  1. tfboy

    tfboy Member

    ISPConfig 3.1.10
    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

    This doesn't seem to be working. I do have quota values for email, databases, etc, appearing OK, but nothing for website.
    [​IMG]

    Another strange point is that on some websites, I have determined quotas, but they don't appear here either - it just says "unlimited" for both soft and hard limits. So it looks like there's no hook into the actual quota stats.

    Any idea where to start looking?

    Apologies for duplicating this post - original on in general Linux section can be deleted.
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Do you see the quotas with the command:

    repquota -avg

    if not, then the quota system in Linux is probably not configured in /etc/fstab or it's not working.
     
  3. tfboy

    tfboy Member

    Thanks Till.
    So the email and databases are calculated by a different method?
    I do appear to have an issue, possibly:
    Code:
    [email protected]:~$ repquota -avg
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    repquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No such file or directory
    Details of fstab:
    Code:
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    /dev/sda  /  ext4  noatime,errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=quota.user,grpjquota=quota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0  1
    /dev/sdb  none  swap  sw 0  0
    /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/domain.tld /var/www/clients/client1/web1/log  none  bind,nobootwait  0 0
    I put just one of the /var/log entries, but there's one for each domain. The number of cannot stat() messages of repquota are similar to the number of entries in fstab.
    In the past, I had this issue because of the way the file system is mounted on Linode. That was fixed with an entry in rc.local:
    Code:
    ln -s /dev/xvda /dev/root
    I still have that, so not sure. Are there some logs that might detail? Searching for the above messages don't give suggestions which seem relevant.
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Yes.

    Try to search for instructions on how to enable Linux filesystem quota at Linode. As soon as filesystem quota (and the repquota command) are working, then quota in ISPConfig will work too. you might have to change + save the quota of the sites though as they might not be configured in the filesystem at the moment as quota is broken.
     
  5. tfboy

    tfboy Member

    Thanks for clarifying different method for quotas on email and databases.
    After some digging, I noticed that my Linux install changed the device names for the hard disks. They're now back to sda, sdb, etc and not xvda, etc.
    I've deleted the link, recreated it so it points to /dev/sda and edited also my etc/rc.local file so it should still work on reboot.
    Code:
    [email protected]:/dev# cat /etc/rc.local
    #!/bin/sh -e
    #
    # rc.local
    #
    # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
    # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
    # value on error.
    #
    # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
    # bits.
    #
    # By default this script does nothing.
    ln -s /dev/sda /dev/root
    /etc/init.d/quota restart
    exit 0
    
     

Share This Page