Web interface unreachable

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bogdinator, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. bogdinator

    bogdinator New Member

    Hello sports,
    need help:( I insalled ISPConfig on SUSE 9.3. Done some configuration work and server was running for couple of days. I did install some other software (which doesn't interfere with ISPConfig) and rebooted the server. After that web interface is unreachable - https://xxxx:81 doesn't answer. What did i do wrong? I did install web calendar on the server and still can reach it under https://xxxx:81/webcalendar. SSH works as well...
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

    Check if ISPConfig is running (with
    ps aux
    netstat -tap
    ). If it does not, start it manually:

    /etc/init.d/ispconfig start
    You might want to run
    chkconfig --add ispconfig_server
    so that the system startup links for ISPconfig are created.
  3. bogdinator

    bogdinator New Member

    I did what you said:
    1. ps aux showed that there was something ispconfig like running (sorry didn't remember the name properly)
    2. netstat -tap didn't show anything with ispconfig
    After I did start the service manually i dit this as well
    chkconfig --add ispconfig_server
    and restarted the server just for the sake of test. It did work... I could see that the service was running but I couldn't get the web interface again. IE doesn't show any error just shows the normal server not found page. Though Firefox gives the following message:
    No secure connection could be established because server.name.org sends not valid or broken certificate. Error-Code is: -8182
    I remember doing this
    chkconfig --add ispconfig_server
    during the installation. It is weird that it didn't started automatically after the first reboot.
    the server.
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  5. doddel

    doddel New Member

    case of using https access with DSA certificates

    spent a lot of time figuring out how to cure this. During setup I chose the DSA certificate options, gave the proper local name (domainname.com format without www.) and setup concluded successfully; however port 81 gave no response.
    Cure: modify //root/ispconfig/httpd/conf/httpd.conf such that the line
    SSLCertificateFile points at .../ssl.crt/snakeoil-dsa.crt and
    SSLCertificateKeyFile points at .../ssl.key/snakeoil-dsa.key and
    SSLCertificateChainFile points at .../ssl.crt/snakeoil-ca-dsa.crt

    Then restart ispconfig: service ispconfig_server restart

    Apparently the setup script does not perform these adaptations automatically and/or properly in reaction to the DSA encryption choice.

Share This Page