warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network:

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ghall, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ghall

ghall Member

I'm noticing the following in ISPConfig v3.0.3 (Ubuntu 10.10) Show Mail Warning Log:

What exactly is happening here? Should I be concerned? Is there any way to make the server happy in order to not receive these warnings?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are there any other errors/warnings around this line?
  3. Antennipasi

Antennipasi ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

This happend when sending part does not get along with your TLS.
    If this comes randomly every now and then especially with senders on dynamic-ip, don't worry at all, they are spammer-bots.

When sending mailserver does not understand TLS and can't find SSL, it should send with no encryption. If not, there is not much you can do for it.

We found out that one sender trying to reach our mailserver with this error was Windows 2000 server with amateur-configured Exchange. They was complaining us because their customers in our network did not receive their important(?!) marketing mails. We did advise them to get professional help ;)

Referense from Postfix-mailinglist:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg23713.html
  4. ghall

ghall Member

Hi Falko,

Yes. I just picked one line to show but it has numerous warnings such as this one.

Right now the server is in Beta-mode and is mirroring the e-mail accounts on our older ISPConfig2 server (since there is no clear-cut way to upgrade from v2 to v3).

I'm wondering if it is just spam-bots and other ill-configured e-mail servers and nothing to worry about.

Are there other places I can check to see to make sure it's not a problem on this servers end?
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer