virtualisation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by darham, Dec 26, 2011.

1. darham

darham New Member

Hello all,

I wonder if it is possible to have the virtualisation to another server.

I mean the first server for emails, web ... and the second for virtualization. All controlled by a single interface.

Sorry for my English ...

Thank you in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you can control multiple servers from one ispconfig controlpanel.

3. darham

darham New Member

Hello and thank you for your help. I actually succeeded and the server appears in the list. I created a vm.

But still, I can not be reached:

root@virt:~# vzctl enter 101
    Container config file does not exist

4. till

Either openvz is not properly installed or there is a mysql connection problem between the servers.

Please post the output of

ls -la /vz

and run this command on the slave server as root and pots the output:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

5. darham

darham New Member

of course:

root@virt:~# ls -la /vz
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 26 déc. 13:34 /vz -> /var/lib/vz

root@virt:~# sh /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    finished.

6. darham

darham New Member

I just saw one thing: I wanted to apply the basic rules of the firewall on the server virtualization. I used the ISPConfig web interface. But checking on the server, the rules were not applied

I'm not sure the communication between the servers are well...

7. darham

darham New Member

I reinstalled ISPConfig on the server virtualization and communication working (iptables problem mentioned above). But I still have the same problem with respect openvz.

8. till

you have to delete the vm and then create it again.

9. darham

darham New Member

I recreated the vm. I started with the graphical interface of ISPConfig. And here's the back:

root@virt:~# vzctl enter 101
    Container is not running

root@virt:~# vzctl start 101
    Starting container ...
    Container private area /vz/private/101 does not exist

10. till

1) Enable loglevel debug for the slave under system > server config.
    2) Comment out the server.sh cronjob in the root crontab on the slave.
    3) Create a new virtual machine in ispconfig.
    4) Run this command as root on the slave to create the vm and see if there are any errors:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

11. darham

darham New Member

Error: (CLI:003) Specified controller does not exist.

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/monitor_tools.inc.php on line 1072

Cached OS template /var/lib/vz/template/cache/debian-minimal-x86.tar.gz not found
    Creation of container private area failed
    27.12.2011-13:55 - DEBUG - Create OpenVZ VM: vzctl create 102 --ostemplate debian-minimal-x86
    Container private area /vz/private/102 does not exist
    27.12.2011-13:55 - DEBUG - Starting OpenVZ VM: vzctl start 102
    Container private area /vz/private/102 does not exist
    27.12.2011-13:55 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 102
    27.12.2011-13:55 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

12. till

I guess that you dont have the openvz template "debian-minimal-x86" that you selected as basis for this VM, please post the output of:

ls -la /vz/template/cache

The template name is the same then the file name in the template cache directory just without the tar.gz ending.

13. darham

darham New Member

You are right:

root@virt:~# ls -la /vz/template/cache
    total 8
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 27 janv. 2011 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 26 déc. 13:31 ..

Apparently I have no template ... I do not understand why it appears as a possibility. Where can I get it back please?

14. till

ISPConfig can not know which templates you have installed as the slave can not report that back to the master, so you have to set it to the templates that you downloaded. According to the above ls output, you havent installed any templates yet. The record in the ispconfig interface is a demo record that has be changed to match your installed template.

e.g. for a debian 64bit template, run this on the slave:

cd /var/lib/vz/template/cache
    wget http://download.openvz.org/template/precreated/contrib/debian-6.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz

and then adjust the template name in ispconfig to debian-6.0-amd64-minimal

Download a openvz template of your choice e.g. a debian template and then modify or add a record for that template in the ispconfig interface and create a openvz vm with it.