verify domain ownership via dns record - google webmaster

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by chief, Mar 1, 2020.

1. chief

chief Member

Hi,
    I have been having issues with google webmaster tools and ispconfig 3. specifically when i verify i have ownership of a domain and want to use googles "verify by domain dns".
    I have added a TXT record with the domain in hostname field, the google key in the text portion like so "google-site-verification=c......." and waited, it failes everytime. i then add a full stop to the end of the domain name like or "domain." and save, leave it and still fails and i have even removed the name from the hostname field, and even removed the google-site-verification leaving everything after the = c.......

But, i can add it correctly by using the URL prefix method, but i should be able to add via DNS.
    so, what am i doing wrong?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Verify you have entered the verification key correctly and your name server shows it correctly, like this:
    Code:
    host -t TXT domain.tld
    I have always used the dot at end of domain name in ISPConfig. That google verifications has worked for me. I have in TXT field google-site-verification=abcdef....zzz, I just copy-paste the string I got from google tools.