users dir Alias Conflicts

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDanMan, Nov 17, 2005.

1. TheDanMan

TheDanMan ISPConfig Developer

In the /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf there are 2 lines per domain by default that conflict with common dircectories used by CMS Software.

So when I go to http://dannyweaver.com/users/login.php I get a 404. I use Genu for my personal site. While its easy enough for me to comment the second line listed above, most users cannot do this. I don't think Genu is the only CMS that uses the users directory in its structure and it would be better if ISPConfig used a less common name. I'm sure "ispusers" would work fine for 99.9% of people.

Also, I've been unable to figure out why these aliased dirs are there in the first place.

Lastly, you guys do a great job on ISPConfig, and I just sent off my email to join the Development Crew to help with Translation as I speak English, French, German and Esperanto. I'd love to do an Esperanto translation :) Unfotunatly none of my secondary languages are strong, but the English translation of ISPConfig seems to be weak and that is where I wish the lend a hand the most as it is my native language.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator

If you don't need those two Alias lines, you can disable them by changing the make_vhosts() function in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php.

3. TheDanMan

TheDanMan ISPConfig Developer

I appreciate it, still wonder what they're for though :)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator

It's described here: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/manual_en/manual_kunde_en_src.htm

5. edmnc

edmnc New Member

I had the same problem, and the solution didn't work.

What I found out is that at least in 2.2.6 and probably all later versions you (also?) need to edit /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/vhost.conf.master and comment out the AliasMatch lines

And might I add that it would be great if this would be a configurable option through ispconfig web interface