Updating to 3.0.4 failures

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maxeaves, Nov 12, 2011.

1. maxeaves

maxeaves New Member

Hello Till & co,

I've had a quick flick through my manual for ISPConfig - and I want to update to 3.0.4, but as I've changed my root mysql password, it all seems to be going rather tits up for me, and I'm chasing php scripts all over the place to try and see where the updater looks for the root password to update the system.

Error is: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    Checking ISPConfig database .. mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    OK
    PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 78
    PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127
    PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127

Thanks

Max

2. stone1555

stone1555 New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I just posted this somewhere else, but check this file:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

and make sure your info is correct there.

It has your mysql db info if that's what your looking for.

3. maxeaves

maxeaves New Member

Thanks for that; got the system up and running....next to try and figure out why Dovecot has now got itself all in a flap!

4. stone1555

stone1555 New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Np, glad your back up and running.