Unable to send emails out. Local delivery ok

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by beeman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. beeman

beeman New Member

Due to a HD crash had to reinstall Dapper and ISP Config. Had a problem with gcc4.1.2 and reverted to gcc 3.4 plus modded file as per: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19222 Thanks very much. But whilst everything seems to be working no emails are arriving 'outside' internal emails are working fine. Incoming emails/spam also fine. To help:- I had to set up server at another location and re set /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts to current host. Secondly the Outlook 'test' message does not work and thirdly I cannot ssh in from other than the same network. I suspect DNS settings - it works on local ( but not on mailserver.martley.org. Any help would be appreciated from this 'newbie'
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does mailserver.martley.org point to the right server?

mh1:~# dig mailserver.martley.org
    ; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> mailserver.martley.org
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 61045
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
    ;mailserver.martley.org.                IN      A
    mailserver.martley.org. 86400   IN      A       [B][COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][/B]
    ;; Query time: 76 msec
    ;; SERVER:
    ;; WHEN: Sun Feb  3 19:16:16 2008
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 56
  3. beeman

beeman New Member

Thanks so much - yes right server IP but found wrong IP in /etc/resolv.conf ie one that had been set up automatically when I loaded Dapper. Afraid I didn't know to look there but a friend did (Thanks Tom)!
    He also cleared the problem in .ssh/known_hosts to get the ssh working.
    Seems to be working OK now.
    Only thing not working is Outlook test message!