Ubuntu OpenVz Compile

Discussion in 'General' started by misterm, Jan 21, 2012.

1. misterm

misterm HowtoForge Supporter

2. falko

falko Super Moderator

3. misterm

Hello Falko, I have found is I thank you for that answer.

It can run ISPConfig 3 (To create sites, emails, ftp, etc ...) is Manager of VPS servers (VM) on the same machine, or it is very dangerous?

I speak of a dedicated server with a config like i5 or i7 with 16 GB or 24 GB of memory, 2 TB HD?

Falko meets me frankly, it's important to me or if I change or configuration ....

cordially

MM;);)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator

You can run email, web, etc. on the OpenVZ host, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd put this inside a VM, this has the advantage that you can create backups of the whole VM (see the vzdump command) and move a VM to another server. If you install everything on the host system, you have to install everything again when you buy a new server.

5. misterm

Hello
    I just run a test on my server with ISPConfig 3 / OpenVZ (see howto above)

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-openvz-plus-management-of-vms-through-ispconfig-3-debian-6.0

Is when I create a vm, I is not in the directory "/ vz / private", even by this command if:

Or is the error?
    cordially

MM:confused::confused::eek:

Edit message :

When I create it manually, it shows this as error:

He speaks of "Quota IS NOT running", my management "quota" is there to work, look at my file "fstab":

Strange as error, is not it?

Thank you for your help

MM

Enable quota in fstab, because it is missing from the howto from falko

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-openvz-plus-management-of-vms-through-ispconfig-3-debian-6.0

is disabled in the config file "/ etc / vz / vz.conf"

DISK_QUOTA = no

MM:)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012