Ubuntu 8.04 - Postfix SSL|TLS The Perfect Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by make-fun, May 25, 2008.

1. make-fun

make-fun Member

Hi folks,

can someone verify for me "Postfix With SMTP-AUTH And TLS" from the he Perfect Server - Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server) really works with TLS??
    (ISPConfig Version: 2.2.23)

For me it only seems to do SSL on Port 995, which is sort of okay of course, but with the previous ISPConfig 2.2.21 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Perfekt Setup) it was just the opposite and we told everyone to use TLS. So, now we would just like being able to let people use their current settings in TB, Outlook etc.

Thanks for any input

Cheers

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

This has nothing to do with ISPConfig, it is just a question how you configured postfix.

Please post the content of the master.cf file.

3. make-fun

make-fun Member

Sorry… I was referring to the ”HowTo“ not ISPConfig, so I should have not posted this here…

The config is fine
    Code:
    smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
    smtp_use_tls = yes
    smtpd_use_tls = yes
    and I'm getting:
    Code:
    ehlo localhost
    250-worker.master.com
    250-PIPELINING
    250-SIZE 10240000
    250-VRFY
    250-ETRN
    250-STARTTLS
    250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
    250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-8BITMIME
    250 DSN
    But my TB only worked, when on SSL…

So by now, I've removed the cert. from TB and restarted and it seems fine now ;-)

Sorry to have bothered…

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Port 995 is for POP3S, not Postfix.

5. make-fun

make-fun Member

Ahm, so the title: "Postfix With SMTP-AUTH And TLS" from the he Perfect Server Setup does not refer to the TLS settings in the Email Client, ok.

Anyway it seems to have happened because of updating to Ubuntu 8.04, latest ISPConfig and serveral SSL updates and the cration of a new Cert AND an TB extension(Remember Mismatched Domains).
    I had the same thing happening to another TB user…

Cheers