Tuneup Fedora 11

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by cybereatl, Aug 29, 2009.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl New Member

Hi Folks,

I've being working a while and now facing some audio issues when playing movies and also checking on Disk analizer usage, and seems in 100% but if selecting all folder and files, is not exceeding 30Gb.

System is getting a bit slow and no idea how to speed it up.

Any hints will be appreciated.:D

Attached Files:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    df -h
    ?

3. Rayin

Rayin New Member

The Fedora Project is an openly-developed project designed by Red Hat, open for general participation, led by a meritocracy, following a set of project objectives.

4. hodge

hodge New Member

I have downloaded the fedora 11 image i dont want to waste a dvd and i want to mount the image in windows xp so that when i restart xp i can boot from the dvd.Please give me the step by step procedure to do it

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

6. jedc53

jedc53 New Member

Its a very nice screenshots.I have not had this problem much lately. I have found that when it does happen,that shutting down the machineand starting it back up seems to fix it. Hasn't happened in several weeks.The fact that the machine is half a year old, and that the problem 'goes away' upon reboot to clear this up.

7. zoriasena

zoriasena New Member

Desktop Operation

I have a dell desktop dimension 3000, about 6 years old. A new power supply was put in last spring. Lately, while working on the computer, it shuts down completely. Any ideas/thoughts????

8. falko

Any errors in your logs?