Tired of the battle, please help.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by FredZ, Nov 9, 2009.

1. FredZ

FredZ New Member

OK, so I have now been battling with this system for some weeks, and I still cannot get it to do what I want in a manner I feel is normal.

Heres what I am after.

Web hosting.
    Mail hosting.
    No problems so far.

Now I want customers who have there websites hosted on my server to be able to access there email via a webmail client (roundcude/squirrelmail).
    So I set things up as mentioned in articles found on howtoforge. That doesn't seem to be working for me.

The way it is configured clients don't seem to get access to their email via their own site.
    IE. if there is a site www.mysite.com then the client should be able to access their email at webmail.mysite.com

I also would like this to be setup automatically and not have to manually set it up every time a new site is setup.

Please forgive me if I have this all wrong, but i don't have to many smarts when it comes to this sort of thing, and I have read so much stuff found on the Internet that my head is probably so full of irrelavent BS that it isn't helping.

Simple instructions like;
    Install ISPconfig.
    Do this.
    Do that

Are the best instructions.

Any comments would be most helpfull.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Create a DNS A-Record for webmail.mysite.com pointing to the IP address of your server. Then create a new website with:

hostname: webmail
    domain: mysite.com

and install a webmail client of your choice into that site. e.g. roundcube as described here: