Think I messed up cron, and roundmail directives

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bradgillap, Feb 14, 2014.

1. bradgillap

bradgillap New Member

How I used the perfect server guide for debian wheezy nginx,mysql,fail2ban,phpmyadmin,dovecot,BIND,php-fpm etc..I didn't install clamav or amanvis

mailto php scripts aren't working anymore on websites. I had some cron errors that I mostly solved by myself browsing the forums but I have hit the wall and need a hand. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

This seems to be info people wish to see when talking about cron.

[email protected]:~# ls -la /etc/cron.d/
    total 20
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 14 02:19 .
    drwxr-xr-x 92 root root 4096 Feb 14 02:23 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  102 Sep 13  2011 .placeholder
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  257 Feb 12 22:11 awstats
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  510 Feb  9 16:42 php5
    Output crontab -e for ispconfig

* * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/ > /dev/null >> /var/log/ispconf$
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/ > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/$
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

the reason is:

so the mailsystem is incomolete and will not work as they are system requirements for ispconfig.
  3. bradgillap

bradgillap New Member

I'm sorry I didn't realize antivirus and spam protection were a requirement for ispconfig.

I don't wish to run these services alongside with my ispconfig install. So you are saying there is no chance at support through howtoforge unless I run these services?

Can you at least tell me if my crontab looks normal.
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can run ispconfig without that, but it requires that you install ispconfig in expert and not standard mode and choose to configure only the services that you want to run on the server.

You can try to repair your setup by disabling the services manually:

Your crontab is correct. Cron is not related to your mail issues.
  5. bradgillap

bradgillap New Member

Oh I feel really silly now. My sendmail test php file had an old email address I no longer use.

Turns out everything works just fine.

I did do an expert install and skipped those two services. I did all the other steps. I also upgraded nginx, php5 and a few others from the dotdeb 3rd party sources.

I kept jailkit, fail2ban and the rootkit scanner because they aren't perpetually sucking 100's of mb of ram. There are viruses on the Internet. It's up to the individual to filter them, not me and I need the ram.

I want to thank all of you for paying attention. I'll go away now and feel dumb somewhere else.