The Perfect Setup - SuSE 10.1 (32-bit) - Qouta Issues ?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ezfilez, Sep 25, 2006.

1. ezfilez

ezfilez New Member

I iinstalled this on my laptop there is windows allready on the HD .. So i installed SuSE with the defaults so i can keep windows as an options to boot because i did not know how to create the partitions the way they are in the The Perfect Setup - SuSE 10.1 (32-bit) and keep windows .. so my questions is can i still setup the qouta part in the setup .. the Boot and swap is setup diffrent than the Perfect Setup - SuSE 10.1 (32-bit) ... or does anyone know how i can keep windows and i will reinstall suse and create the partitions the correct way ... thank you

2. ezfilez

ezfilez New Member

Here is my fstab..

/dev/hda6 / reiserfs acl,user_xattr 1 1
    /dev/hda7 /home reiserfs acl,user_xattr 1 2
    /dev/hda1 /windows/C ntfs ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=utf8 0 0
    /dev/hda2 /windows/D vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
    /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
    debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
    usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0

3. ezfilez

ezfilez New Member

Yast or Yast2

When i try and some mirrors in where you can selete the source for downloading i keeping get an error ( An error occure while preparing the instalation system ) on 10.1 .. if i try this with 10.0 it will let me add it ??? just another problem im having

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You can add quota to / and /home, but you might have problems because your FS is reiserfs, not ext3...

That's the buggy SuSE 10.1, I also had problems with it... :(