The Domain can not be changed. Please ask your Administrator if you want to change ..

Discussion in 'General' started by orasis, Nov 8, 2013.

1. orasis

orasis Member

Code:
    The Domain can not be changed. Please ask your Administrator if you want to change the domain name.

As till has mentioned here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=305213&postcount=38

After an admin's mistake to create a website for the client while logged in as admin, is there any way to unlock that website ? otherwise one has to delete the website, create a new one, move all the contents to the new one, change all settings back etc. is there any solution on this ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can do this with phpmyadmin only. Edit the record in the web_domain table and set the field "sys_perm_group" to "riud".

3. orasis

orasis Member

thanks !
    although I don't know the difference between 'riud' and 'ru' and what they stand for, I believe that when the admin edits something of a client then the group changes from 'ru' to 'riud' right ? hmm .. no it's a little confusing.

Are there any plans to include a clickable icon for the admins only, indicating 'locked' / 'unlocked' or something like that in a future version ?

I guess I will have to learn how to develop plugins for ISPConfig very soon !

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Similar to Linux permission system: Read Insert Update Delete

No, the other way round. and nothin is changed when a admin edits something for the client. The permissions are set when a new record is inserted, not when a record is edited. So a admin can edit as many client settings as he wants while logged in as admin, this will never change the permissions of a record. A record is locked for the client only when the admin has created it as new record.

Yes, this is planned.

5. orasis

orasis Member

well explained. great work, great work !