System State is not updating after 3.2.8 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Casbot, Mar 24, 2022.

  1. Casbot

    Casbot Member

    I have a 5 server system: webserver (master), mail server, db server, dns1 server, dns2 server. All are Ubuntu 18.04.06 LTS.
    After upgrading all five servers to 3.2.8, the master server only sees itself, mail server, and db server as 3.2.8 and sees the 2 dns servers at 3.2.2.
    It also shows that SMTP is down on the mail server, but yet smtp is listening on the mail server and mail is going out and coming in just fine.
    I have the system state refresh set at 5 minutes for each of them and it's been much longer than 5 minutes since I did the upgrades but things are not refreshing to properly show the status of each server.

    Any ideas??
    Thanks.
     
  2. Jesse Norell

    Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Sounds like mysql connection problems from the slaves to the master; run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh from your slaves and see if an error shows up. Also test the db credentials to the master mysql server from the slaves (found in 'grep dbmaster_ /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php').
     
  3. Th0m

    Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    It can take some time as well. So if all is well, no worries and give it a day.
     
  4. Casbot

    Casbot Member

    I ran the server.sh and it just said "finished server.php" so Im assuming that means no errors.
    As to checking the config.inc.php files, the password is encrypted, not plain text, so each server has a different encrypted string with a different username like ispsrv2, ispsrv3, etc. So not sure how to test connectivity. I'd have to go look up the commands to figure out how to try and connect to a remote mysql database from the command prompt as I dont remember, been a while for that.
     
  5. Casbot

    Casbot Member

    I'll let it run for a day and see if it fixes, as all of the servers have been rebooted.
     
    Th0m likes this.
  6. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  7. Casbot

    Casbot Member

    The debug didnt show anything, as I followed the article above. However, after a day or so and another reboot of the master server, things kicked in and have been running fine since. The master server is showing all of the servers with the correct version and the smtp service that it was showing down on the mailserver, although it was up and mail was flowing, is now showing up as expected. This was the first time that this happened so not sure why unless it has something to do with jumping 6 versions, as normally I always do every upgrade rather than skipping a version but this time I skipped everything between 3.2.2 and 3.2.8 and just went to 3.2.8. Now I see a 3.2.8p1 out there so I'll be upgrading to that here in the next couple of days.

    Thanks.
     

Share This Page