Subdomain redirect bug?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sjau, Mar 16, 2012.

1. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there

I'm trying to redirect the subdomain "images" to the "images" folder in the default domain.

For that I did set:

Host: images
    Domain: sjau.ch
    Redirect Type: No flag
    Redirect Path: /var/www/sjau.ch/web/images/
    Activ: y

Now when I try to call it I get this error:

[Fri Mar 16 23:54:41 2012] [error] [client 84.227.27.123] SoftException in Application.cpp:221: File "/var/www/clients/client1/web2//web/images/gallery.php" is not in document root of Vhost "/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web"
    [Fri Mar 16 23:54:41 2012] [error] [client 84.227.27.123] Premature end of script headers: gallery.php
    [Fri Mar 16 23:54:41 2012] [error] [client 84.227.27.123] File does not exist: /var/www/sjau.ch/web/images/error

However when I change the Redirect Path to "/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/images/" it works.

Basically: When using the symlinked "domain name" path it does not. When I use the "normal full" path it works. In my opinion it should work both ways.

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

This would require to extend the apache apache c code so that apache allows it to specify more then one path for the docroot in a vhost.

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for the reply.