Stuck with php 5.3

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by newbie14, Dec 9, 2010.

1. newbie14

newbie14 New Member

Dear All,
    I tried to upgrade my php5.1 to php 5.3 on my centos 5.3. I am using this site http://blog.bollysite.com/2010/08/04/upgreading-php-5-3-on-centos-5/. All works fine so when I want to install the php-mysql library using this yum --enablerepo=webtatic install php5-mysql it tell me No package php5-mysql available. So I am stuck now what shall I do ? Can I remove the entire php5.3 ? What is the work around any help?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. newbie14

newbie14 New Member

Dear Falko,
    Actually I am very new to centos and confuse with the repo stuff.Correct me here actually there is on standard repo for centos then the rest is by non centos people rite. So what is different between yum and rpm method.

4. falko

That's right.

These are just two different ways of installing rpm packages. yum takes care of all dependencies automatically while rpm does not.

5. newbie14

newbie14 New Member

Dear Falko,
    Thank you for the confirmation.So if I want to use non centos repo is there a standard command for it or must I base case to case.

6. falko

7. newbie14

newbie14 New Member

Dear Falko,
    Which folder must I keep the file? The what is the command to install this rpm? How to enable the repo and install it? Thank you.

8. falko

Just run
    Code:
    rpm -ivh http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-5.rpm

9. newbie14

newbie14 New Member

Dear Falko,
    I am sure got other command after this or nothing else? This will install the php and also php mysql client is it? Thank you.

10. falko

This will just enable the remi repo. Afterwards you can search for PHP packages like this:

Code:
    yum search php
    Pick the ones you need and install them with

Code:
    yum install package1 package2 ...