Squirrelmail-IMAP-courier performance problem

Discussion in 'General' started by scibile, Mar 8, 2011.

  1. scibile

    scibile New Member

    Hi everybody,

    I've installed a new Ubuntu server 10.04 with ISPconfig 3 (3.0.3.2).

    I've a problem with some email account with squirrelmail:
    when I log in squirrelmail the navigation is very very slow.
    I think the problem is between IMAP-courier - squirrelmail.

    I see an apache process with 100% of CPU usage for 20-30 seconds every click I do in squirrelmail.

    The email account have about 20 emails.
    If I move the email files (in cur dir) from this user to another user that works correctly this new account will have the same problem.

    Can someone help me?

    I din't found anything in different log files (syslog, auth log, ect.)

    Thankyou
    Cristian
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    Have you configured squirrelmail with the correct default settings for courier with the squirrelmail-configure command?
     
  3. scibile

    scibile New Member

    Hi Till,

    yes, the squirrelmail is configured with default setting.

    I found out that the issue is only witt it_IT language.
    I changed the language to english or german everything works correcty...

    I found this in apache error.log:

    [Tue Mar 08 17:29:35 2011] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/strings.php on line 1246

    Thankyou
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator

    Then there is most likely a problem in the it_IT language file from squirrelmail. You can e.g. try to download the latest language file from the suirrelmail project directly, maybe the issue is already fixed.
     
  5. scibile

    scibile New Member

    Hi everybody,

    I found out the problem:

    in the file squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php I've changed the following values:

    ********************************************************
    $languages['it_IT']['NAME'] = 'Italian';
    $languages['it_IT']['ALTNAME'] = 'Italiano';
    $languages['it_IT']['CHARSET'] = 'utf-8';
    $languages['it_IT']['LOCALE'] = array('it_IT.UTF-8','it_IT.UTF-8','it_IT');
    $languages['it']['ALIAS'] = 'it_IT';
    ********************************************************

    TO

    ********************************************************
    $languages['it_IT']['NAME'] = 'Italian';
    $languages['it_IT']['ALTNAME'] = 'Italiano';
    $languages['it_IT']['CHARSET'] = 'iso-8859-1';
    $languages['it_IT']['LOCALE'] = array('it_IT.ISO8859-1','it_IT.ISO-8859-1','it_IT');
    $languages['it']['ALIAS'] = 'it_IT';
    ********************************************************

    Now squirrel is running fine :)

    Thankyou Till for your Help.

    Cristian
     

Share This Page