sql mirror onopensuse

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by muekno, Mar 7, 2014.

1. muekno

muekno Member HowtoForge Supporter

following teh ispconfig manual (Installing The Two Servgers) I try to set uo just the mysql replication (master slave)
    On page 49 there is a command "scp -pr /etc/mysql/debian.cnf [email protected]:/etc/mysql/debian.cnf"

Without that the mysql won't start.
    >Mar 07 13:12:50 sql.gerdakloos.de systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Start the >MySQL database server...
    >Mar 07 13:13:21 sql.gerdakloos.de mysql[32387]: Starting service MySQL >warning: /var/run/mysql/mysql.s...onds
    >Mar 07 13:13:21 sql.gerdakloos.de mysql[32387]: chmod: cannot access '>/var/run/mysql/mysqld.pid': No s...tory
    >Mar 07 13:13:21 sql.gerdakloos.de mysql[32387]: ..failed
    >Mar 07 13:13:21 sql.gerdakloos.de systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Start >the MySQL database server.
    >Mar 07 13:13:21 sql.gerdakloos.de systemd[1]: Unit mysql.service entered >failed state

Can't find equivialent for "etc/mysql/debian.cnf" on openSuSE 12.3

Any hints?

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

AFAIK openSuSE doesn´t used a cfg-file like debian for a special mysql-user.

But you should check the path for the pid-file and/or create /var/run/mysql with the right permissions.

3. muekno

sql miror problem

the mysql (master) server worked fine before adding the mirror statements to my.cnf.
    /var/run/mysql ist owned my mysql. I follwed strict the manual.

other hints, thanks

4. florian030

You can´t add all informations for the mirror-setup to my.cnf. You must set the values in mysql with CHANGE MASTER TO ... .

You can find some more informations here.

5. muekno

a step later

I stop both msql services
    I changed both my.conf like written in the manual.

the mysql log says "/usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown variable 'master_host=172.16.1.252' "

I is the same if I write "master-host" like in the manual or "master_host" as found in some samples by google. It even doesn't matter to write the IP Adresse in inverted commas or not.

>You can´t add all informations for the mirror-setup to my.cnf
    why, my.cnf ist the only conf file for mysql as I know. I know, Ihave to change my.cnf in both servers.
    Your link says nothing different to the ispconfig manual

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The guide you follwo is for mysql version 5.1, if you use e.g. mysql 5.5, it wont work as the mirror configuration in 5.1 and 5.5 is not compatible.

7. florian030

You saw
    Code:
    CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_HOST='master', MASTER_USER='slave_user00', MASTER_PASSWORD='some_password'
    ?