Spam Protection - Beginners Guide?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by medienlounge, Dec 19, 2012.

1. medienlounge

medienlounge New Member

Hi all,
    first thanks for the great Perfect Server Ispconfig 3 debian lenny tutorial.

Everything is fine and running.

The only question for me right now is - my old server was managed and so i had nothing to do. the new one with that tutorial runs even better.
    But what is i little strange for me is the fact, that so many spam mails are tried to be send over the server.

a few lines from mail.log:

so the question for me is:
    is there a way to check before agains blacklists and block that mails before?

if it´s already integrated in ispconfig - what is an "best practice configuration".

i had a look at this tread:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55694&highlight=debian spam

but it would be nice to get a little feedback, perhaps more people have problems with that topic and it could be helpful for more people?

if there is and how-to which i didn´t find, please post links.

thanks all

2. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

3. medienlounge

medienlounge New Member

thanks for that reply.

the link looks good.
    do i understand it right that all customers on the server need in there dns record that SPF record?

for example my server is
    domain.tld

customers

customer.tld, customer2.tld

i have to add this record to all dns records?

does anyone know if hetzner robot system supports SPF?

thanks

(i hoped this would get a vivid thread with user users with the same problems - seems like i´m the only :confused: )

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You don't have to, but I recommend it.