Spam -> Move to Junk

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by ZeroEnna, May 12, 2016.

1. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Hello board,

I tried to do exactly that: Mails with X-Spam-Flag = YES should automatically move to Junk folder.
    I created a file /etc/dovecot/sieve/spam-to-folder.sieve with this content:

require "fileinto";
    if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
    fileinto "INBOX.Junk";

and added it via sievec, then restarted dovecot. However, Spam mails are still stored in the inbox, instead of the junk folder.

Any ideas?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

You might try just "Junk" for the folder name (that's what the
    'Move Spam Emails to Junk directory.' mailbox setting uses), and test adding a stop; after fileinto (maybe a later sieve script is simply moving it back to INBOX?)

If still not working, make sure you have sieve_global_dir set in your dovecot config, and check the sieve log file to see if it indicates anything (I'm not sure where that'd be for a global script, just the user sieve log file, or maybe /var/log/mail.log ?).
  3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

if you're using ISPConfig, you can setup sieve rules directly there.

In the mailfilter tab of your account there's even a checkbox for: "Move Spam Emails to Junk directory."
  4. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Seriously? Can I be that blind? Can it really be that simple? Gnahhhh :( Thank you, I was so dumb.
  5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

well, doing it directly with sieve config files also works... and you learn a lot more by doing it that way ;)
  6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

Or if you want global scripts that affect everyone, creating your own is the only way.