SPAM filter working ?

Discussion in 'General' started by muekno, May 2, 2016.

1. muekno

muekno Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am not quite shure if the SPAM filter s working. I set policy to normal but it seams I have too much SPAM. Virusfilter is working, could test with ICAR. Is the a log or any other thing I can see how SPAM filter works, eventuelly to tune it. As I understand I should not manually change SPAMassasin etc.

Thanks for help

2. lano

lano Member

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

yeah, add a few rbls, that cuts down spam considerably.

Are you the only one using the server?
  4. muekno

I have RDNS for the mail server and some RBLS too
    OK solution, to see what spamassassin is doing, was to add an email address under email/spamfilter/policy/qurantine/forward...
    There are round about 2 to 3 thousends of spam catched a day. Adjusting the Tag-level a litte bit was fine too.

To stop the notifications I removed the email address, but I still got the notifications. How to stop them????
    Is there a bug in ISPConfig, that it does not remove the email address in spamassasin?
    Thanks for help

5. muekno

Can anyone tell me who to get rid of the SPAM notifivation.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Active Member

Would you have set that same quarantine address as Email > Spamfilter > Policy > Other > SPAM admin, by chance?

Restart amavisd if you have not (though I don't know if that should be needed, I wouldn't guess so, but worth a quick try if nothing else).
    muekno likes this.
  7. muekno

Thank you seams to work