some questions about quota's/limits

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Mar 11, 2015.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Member

Hi,
    I'm currently trying to create some hosting package templates, and have some questions about the limits/quota's.
    I can set the web quota for a client to 100Gb, and a mailbox quota of 2Gb. no problems with that.
    if the client sets up 5 mailboxes, that's a total of 10Gb available for mail, and this is, I would assume completely separate from the web quota, which is still 100Gb available.
    if the client sets up a database, I assume the size of the this database also completely separate from the web quota?
    how do I set any limits on the size of the database? i can only see a setting for limiting the number of databases. would any size limits include/exclude the size of any transaction logs?
    if I can set db size limits, can I set a total size limit, ie if I limit db's to 100Mb, and limit the number of db's to 5, then the client can have a total of 500mb of database, but no database larger than 100mb. but what if I want to set a composite total of 500MB, so the client can still have up to 5 db's, but that could be 4 10Mb db's and 1 450Mb db?
    also, if some servers are mirrored with all servers active, and a quota is set, and the data is on shared storage (say 1gb of data, and 4 servers), i assume that see's the used quota as 1gb and not 4gb?. what would happen if the quota is breached, would the client only receive 1 alert, or would every mirrored server also try to send an alert?
    thanks
    lee.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

MySQL has no function to limit the size of a database, so we cant offer a limit for that in ispconfig due to the lack on mysql side. But we have a virtual mysql quota in the next ispconfig release (3.1).

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Member

cool. any news on when that's likely to be released? or even public beta?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There will be a beta available soon. But you can also get the latest dev state from our git server at any time: git.ispconfig.org