So I set up ISPConfig with DynDNS

Discussion in 'General' started by CombatGod, Jun 21, 2006.

1. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

Now I am confused as to how to add other sites to the server.

Basically my external dynamic IP is given a name which is also what I have my hostname and domain set to.

Now my question is how do I create another site?

basically the hostname is: feraserver
    domain is: dynalias.com

so if you go to feraserver.dynalias.com you get my site.

However, I do not know how to add another one with this type of configuration. I tried something like feraserver.dynalias.com/test but that did not work.

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Just get a new dynamic domain from dynalias.com and then add a new website for that domain.

3. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

And I point it to the same IP?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

To your external IP address.

5. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

Sigh, only the first one was free :(

Looks like I need to get another one then. Thanks for the help. That is pretty much it for all the questions I've had with ISPConfig. I think I'll create a little tutorial for the setup I have since it is very easy and pretty much free if you have the right equipment and a spare PC laying around.

Thanks guys, I'll try to answer other people's questions that are in my realm of expertise. However, it is limited since I only pick up linux 4 months ago.

6. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

Oh wait lol nevermind they give you 5 free accounts. Lol, even better, now I'm happy!