SMTP error Dovecot postfix

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by aberrio, Dec 26, 2010.

1. aberrio

aberrio New Member

Hello,

Using outlook I am getting the following error.

Jan 18 20:22:46 mail postfix/smtpd[19093]: warning: 201.244.200.104: hostname adsl201-244200xxx.dyn.etb.net.co verification failed: Name or service not known
    Jan 18 20:22:47 mail postfix/smtpd[19093]: warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
    Jan 18 20:22:47 mail postfix/smtpd[19093]: warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
    Jan 18 20:22:47 mail postfix/smtpd[19093]: warning: unknown[201.244.200.xxx]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: authentication failure
    King regards,

AL

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Which guide (URL) did you use to set up the server?

3. aberrio

aberrio New Member

Hello,

The initial HOWTO was perfect 10.2 suse server but I just adjusted to add Dovecot, roundcube, SSl and Amavis/Clamd. After a while I udated to 11.2 openSUSE, for thre years works fine but, after a system update the problem began. I did not paid attention because I use a webmail URL. Now I do have to manage more than four email accounts and It is impossible to continuing using webmail and switch to Claws Mail in openSUSE 11.3 desktop.

Unfortunately I am not able to configure the sending option. I guess something change in the main.cfg file

Kind regards,

AL

4. aberrio

aberrio New Member

Hello,

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Al

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

I have no idea what's wrong... :(

6. aberrio

aberrio New Member

Hello,

I decided to start over. I had a new email server operational virtual Postfix Mysql + Dovecot + RoundCube.I transferred both databases successfully. I was able to creates a new account and modify an existing with Postfixtadmin. Also, I transferred the vmail folder to the new server but I am not able to display the emails. Roundcube shows the number of emails next to the INBOX but unable display it to the right side.

Any suggestion how can I transfer the information from one server to another?

Kind regards,

AL

7. falko