I have had users reporting intermittent times when my server is unreachable. It is hosting web/ftp/email. I haven't really experienced the problem myself until recently. After encountering the problem, I initially thought that maybe my server was being placed under a large load and unable to respond to requests. However, the highest values for CPU load in top was 0.01 for any of the time values. I then ran the bandwidth monitoring tool in Webmin for two days. The total over those two days was only 55 MB of traffic. So I think I have ruled out heavy CPU load and heavy network traffic load. I called my ISP last night just to ensure that they haven't throttled me or blocked any ports. Again, the answer was no it shouldn't be the problem. I have scanned my syslog pretty religiously looking for potential clues. I couldn't find any. I have a couple related to email (loop back to myself) but probably unrelated. Each time the server is unreachable through FTP or Web, I can still ping my gateway router. NSLOOKUP and DIG resolve to the correct IP address for the gateway. So it appears to be something on my end. I was ready to give up not knowing where to look next. Today however, I noticed that it isn't unreachable by all clients at the same time. For example, I wasn't able to pull up any websites on my work computer. They just time out. But I was able to browse to the site on my web enabled phone. My buddy did the same and was able to connect. After a few minutes, his phone started timing out on web requests, but mine never did. It was still pulling pages from the server. I am at a loss here. I don't know what could be causing this problem. Thanks.