Send password - help me

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Krnovace, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Krnovace

Krnovace New Member

Good day. Can someone please advise where the problem is sending credentials in ISPConfig third
    Everything works as it should. FTP, Email, MySQL .... if I create as an administrator user does not receive the access data including the generated password. Do you have any experience with this? THX....

Main new projet is here
  2. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

AFAIK that new admin must have an valid and for him accessible e-mail address to which that log on data should be send. Your Weblink just shows the standard website (index.html) which need to be replaced with an actual index.html page, which for sure should NOT contain the log on data!!
  3. Krnovace

Krnovace New Member

I do not know if you understand me? I think that when you create a user as an administrator, including subdomains, ftp and email account, so the user will be no credentials on his email. So if I generate a password, so how can I send it to him? thank you

4. Krnovace

Krnovace New Member

Chele I just noted that this is only my page to see if it is working. S sending credentials to the new user to unrelated:rolleyes:

5. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

maybe I'm wrong, but emails send with log on data to the users e-mail account will not work because that user have not access to the e-mail account yet!

What I was mean in my answer, was to indicate that the users e-mail address must be accessible by that user which would be in that case a different e-mail address than those from the server/admin-/user-account you created for them.

Example: you create and domain named with all bells and whistles, incl. e-mail account's and now need to send that log on data to the admin/user, how to do that? Only working way would be to send to the e-mail address which were used by that admin/user for to sign up with your service, or, if you created that account without prior signup, to an e-mail address other than one from that new account. Send e-mail to [email protected] will not reach the admin/user because of lack of access to the account yet! You've to send those e-mail to an "external" e-mail account of that admin/user manually!