Roundcube login?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by unclecameron, May 30, 2006.

1. unclecameron

unclecameron New Member

Hi all,

I sucessfully (I think) installed Roundcube using the update feature, but now do I have to config each user to make it available? The documentation says to login to the pathname, what should the login be? ?

Do I need to make DNS entries, config individual sites/users, nice package, how do I use it once it's installed?

Thanks for the help,
    San Diego
  2. erk

erk New Member HowtoForge Supporter

If your ISPCOnfig admin interface is located at then you will find roundcube at

There is also a link in under the Tools menu if you are logged in to ISPC.

You do not have to configure each user. Just login with the e-mail address and password. Roundcubemail will check the virtusertable to match the mailaddress to a login (webXX_usename).

One cosmetic thing you must do on a per user basis is to go to Personal Settings -> Identities and configure a better looking identity. The default one will be [email protected] whereas you probably want [email protected]. Both will work but not look good. The displayname is also the webXX_user login name and you probably want that to be Firstname Lastname.

Now, if you want to make it somewhat fancy for your customers you can add a redirect in ISPConfig. Click on co-domains, click New. Add host Click redirect and redirect it to Now your customer can access it with a nice URL.
    This of course requires a DNS entry for

Remember that roundcubemail is still in beta...

PS. One thing that really had me confused with roundcube is that to view a mail you need to double click on it! Not a single click as in all other webmail clients. Took me a while to figure that one out. Did feel kind of stupid there for a while :)
    Last edited: May 30, 2006