rewrite_header subject does not work for me in spamassassin 3.2.3

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Manuel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Manuel

Manuel New Member

I’ve followed
    (Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Debian Etch) by Falko Timme.

I also use spamassassin version 3.2.3, but file /etc/spamassassin/ fails to do things it is supposed to do.

My file settings seem to be ignored and overridden by those in amavis-new with respect to SA . The settings dealing with SA in and 20-debian_defaults (required_score and rewrite_header subject in, (sa_spam_subject_tag and others in 20-debian_defaults) seem to be all ignored in and nevertheless are taken into account and working right in amavis.

For instance, I can’t get rewrite_header subject to work in spamassassin 3.2.3 despite what the spamassassin configuration file says in the following paragraph of the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf - SpamAssassin configuration file.

So I have to use sa_spam_subject_tag in amavis to get the subjects of the incoming mails prepended with the string **SPAM**. But that option doesn’t allow me to get SA scores (_SCORE_ tag), while rewrite_header subject positively does allow according to the link above (when report_safe is set to 0).

Am I missing something? Is there a way to force amavisd to respect the for the
    parameter rewrite_header subject rather than overriding it?.

Can someone give a clue?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Manuel

Manuel New Member

The response is here, amavis spam faqs where they say amavis takes total control while spamassassin does it job fine too but is not in charge!!

Since you have to find a solution solely in amavis you'd better roll your sleeves and dig deep in amavis docs and mailing lists. I did and finally found the solution!