##### RESOLVED ###### I went ahead and created a let's encrypt option for a domain which it didn't work. Refused | Connection Error Refused. I went ahead and deleted the certs, out of /var/www/domain.tld/ssl, I also went as far as delete the domain entirely, and also deleted the certs from /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.tld/* no traces of the domain. Recreated domain, enabled SSL (no lete's encrypt but local) hoping to get at least ssl connection with a warning but still get the following: Code: Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.domain.tld SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Tried checking apache logs, or error logs and I only found this: Code: other_vhosts_access.log:domain.tld:80 x.x.x.x - - [02/Feb/2017:21:56:09 -0700] "GET /.well-known/acme-challenge/asdfsafsfsddfsdfsdfsdfsdfo HTTP/1.1" 200 294 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Let's Encrypt validation server; +https://www.letsencrypt.org)" other_vhosts_access.log:domain.tld:80 x.x.x.x - - [02/Feb/2017:21:56:09 -0700] "GET /.well-known/acme-challenge/asdfasfsfsfsfsafsasfsdfsdf HTTP/1.1" 200 294 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Let's Encrypt validation server; +https://www.letsencrypt.org)" What's odd, it works on my cell phone showing me the pop-up not being trusted cert, but I least it generated the ssl, if I do let's encrypt cert I go to domain.tld and instead it shows untrusted but shows me another domain2.tld -- ran a report ssllabs.com on domain.tld and it threw an error "Certificate name mismatch" and giving me the other site domain2.tld and www.domain2.tld.. Going back to panel and create a cert even though let's encrypt is enabled and select it still does local certs vs let's encrypt. checking /etc/letsencrypt/live/ I see domain.tld-0001 is that normal? I had ../live/domain.tld/*certs and now it's ../../live/domain.tld-0001/ that are hotlinked to ../../archive/domain.tld-0001/cert1.pem the domain.tld in /var/www/domain.tld/ssl are not linked neither.. I went ahead in panel deleted domain once again, went through /etc/letsencrypt/archive, live, and renewal and deleted domain.tld out of that. Any feedback or input is welcomed where I can start troubleshooting it. ### Issue / Resolved #### I had a hunch and did more digging and checked my local "hosts" files and sure enough there it was. Domain.tld was manually re-routing to another server elsewhere with no ssl or such. This domain was worked on in development stage. After commented out, flush dns, register dns, sure enough "let's encrypt / green locked worked flawless! |MOD| You can either delete this or leave it for archival purposes.