Reseller permission bugs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gijs, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Gijs

Gijs New Member

I want to add a new reseller but I think it has some bugs but I am not sure so that's why I ask first.

First of all, when you add a reseller as admin, the functions that you give no access to, like Ruby or Perl, the reseller can just see them and select them and it is even working. So the reseller should not see those lines. Choosing disabled with the php versions works.

Secondly, when I choose as admin the CP users and disable some modules for the reseller, the created clients by the reseller sees more modules then allowed for the reseller. So that's not good.

Also, the reseller does not have any rights or possibilities to choose which modules the client can choose.
    I really need this reseller function but it seems not very smart to use it now.

Or am I doing something completely wrong?

2. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

Have you bought and read the Manual? I don't think so!
    Just spend €5.00 and but the manual online, download it and read about how to adjust the settings in CP correctly, which includes all Reseller function etc.
  3. Gijs

Gijs New Member

You really think I didn't buy the manual for just €5?
    Well, I did.

For example, if I disable DNS for the reseller, the client that is made by the reseller can just see DNS. Of course as admin I can disable that again but it doesn't look very handy to me to check every day if there is a new client.

So I still think there is a bug. I can't find it in the manual either. So if you think I am doing something wrong, please tell me.
  4. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

Sorry if I'd step on your feet, which wasn't my intention!

For my own I'm on reading the manual this days, exact since yesterday, because I'm on the first time setup of ISPConfig 3 and need to find my way as well.

I'm also not an native English speaker so it could be that I didn't understand something the right way. May I should ask for an German Manual because the Developer is a German company and I'm quite fluent in German language. That said, it could be that I do understand some of the phrases in German better than in English and Thai isn't available at all!!

Anyway, what I realized is, that this CP differs really a lot from, let say: cPanel! Here seems to be all together, while in cPanel many function in 3rd party apps like WHM etc.

IPSConfig 3 looks very impressive and I really will try to get all up and running in short time.

Hope you'll find what you're looking for and there's also an big help from the Forum Staff.
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no bug, the setting which modules are assigned to a new client is in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Thanks Till, That's what I wanted to hear.

But it is still not possible to add the modules for client from the reseller panel right? If not, I will create a feature request for that.
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, the modules can only be set globally.

That would be nice!
  8. Gijs

Gijs New Member