Removed Reseller

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jon

jon Member HowtoForge Supporter

I accidentally set a resellers clients to 0, causing them to become a client. Is it possible to change the client back to a reseller?

Also is it possible to change a clients reseller?

2. jon

So it looks like if I delete the reseller, it will delete any of it's clients. Any help at all?

3. jon

I've changed the old resellers login name and added a new one. Now how can I change a users reseller? Basically I want to manually set the new reseller account to be the reseller for the clients of the old one.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know a client belongs to a reseller if the client was created by the reseller. I don't think it is possible to move clients between resellers (at least I couldn't find such an option in the web interface).

5. jon

Would it be possible from the database side to change something? What do I do now that I have a reseller that's no longer a reseller? Can I somehow change it back to a reseller?

6. falko

It might be possible to change this in the database, but I can't tell for sure, and Till's not available until November 22.

7. jon

Ok, I'll wait Till then :)

8. jon

Bump. Anyone know how I can set a clients reseller?

9. falko

I think you can change it under System > Edit users. Go to the Groups tab and change the client's group to that of the reseller.

10. jon

The users seem to all be in their own groups. Even the ones that are listed under the proper reseller are like that.

The manual seems to agree as well. Any other ideas?

11. jon

Any thoughts on this?

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to the databse with phpmyadmin, go to the clients table, select the reseller and set the field "limit_client" to a value that is > 0.

Thats not implemented yet. But there is already a feature request for that in the bugtracker if I remember correctly.

13. jon

Is there any way to do it in the database?