Remove root users on master database?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CSsab, Aug 2, 2011.

1. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Hi,

Is it okay to remove the root users from the master database after they have been added in the master dbispconfig?

Also - is it possible to isolate websites and ftp accounts on two different nodes?

Thank you in advance.
    :D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. But you will have to add them again to install ispconfig updates.

What do you mean with isolate? All websites are independand on the nodes, only if you use the mirror mode, then websites are identical on the nodes that are mirrored.

3. CSsab

CSsab New Member

What I meant was - is it okay to have FTP on one vm and the websites on a different vm. I have webserver setup with FTP enabled on two seperate machines (followed the multiserver setup in the manual - my manual is the older one but I haven't upgraded yet because of all the notes I have made in my PDF). Anyway I just want to be able to run those two services on two different webserver nodes. It seems to be working okay.

4. till

This will only work if the two servers are mirrored and use the same network filesystem, as the ftp directories are the website directories.

Witout mirroring, you can only separate dns, web and mailserver.

5. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Okay , I understand that now .. when adding a new FTP user the control panel asks for the website.

If the website is created on web1 is it possible to create a subdomain for the same website on web2?

Thanks.

6. till

Yes. You can select the server for every website indepenadantly. For a website there is no difference if a domain is domain.tld or sub.domain.tld as long as the identifier is unique.