RapidSSL - ISPConfig - Apache2 wont start

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DKLeader, Feb 25, 2013.

1. DKLeader

DKLeader New Member

Bought a new SSL and somewere down the line I did something wrong. Apache crashed and now fails to start.
    I have searched and tried the different options but without any luck.

Setup is multiserver
    Server is running Debian Lenny

I have checked the vhost file for the domain that I was adding SSL for and no lines could be found related to SSL or 443.

One fault I may have done is that I already had one domain on that IP with SSL running and was working.

I wnated to have SSL with wildcard on another domain.
    Hope someone can help me as all domains are offline right now.

Best Regards
  2. Parsec

Parsec New Member

/var/log/apache2/error.log will tell you the reason why. "apache2ctl configtest" will also tell you.
  3. DKLeader

DKLeader New Member

I have checked the /var/var/apache2/error.log and nothing in this one is posted when I try to restart apache.

web:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
    Starting web server: apache2[Mon Feb 25 08:46:03 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
    And if I do apache2ctl configtest :
    web:~# apache2ctl configtest
    [Mon Feb 25 08:50:01 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
    Syntax OK
    The error with NameVirtualHost has been there since I installed the server and it has been working fine until lat night when I added the SSL to one of the domains.
  4. DKLeader

DKLeader New Member

Solved the part with apache not starting.
    Didn't think that the domain with ssl that was working could be a problem. After I removed these apache could start.

But now my problem is that the vhost file doesn't get the SSL part added again. I have tried "Delete certificate" and remove the tick mark from SSL inside ISPConfig panel. Added the SSL tick mark again and "Create certificate" but when I check the vhost SSL part is not added.

I have checked on ther server and cert files are created in the ssl folder for the domain.