Questions about Cluster

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Typhon, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Typhon

Typhon New Member

Hi everybody !
    I have a server with 1To and i wanna buy another server with 3To and maybe later another...
    So what i want is that if my first server is FULL, new files/data are automatically to a new server (that i have installed/configured) and when this one is full data/files are send to another server.
    It is possible with only Debian Wheezy and ISPConfig (no LinuxCloud) ?
    It's the same system explained her ?
    Thank you guys
  2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I think the easiest way to achieve this would be to set up partitions with "glusterfs".
    I think you can find howtos about this topic here on howtoforge.
  3. Typhon

Typhon New Member

Thank you for you answer, here till is explaining how to do .
    So my question now is : If one of the servers (slave or master) got down what will happen ?
    1-Don't worry there are already a copy in the other server
    2-I lose all my datas
    My other question is, for exemple if i have two servers, one with 2To and one with 3To (RAID 0), so i can use :
    I am askin because data are duplicated on both servers, so if i have 1To in the master and 1To in the slave too..
    Thank you !
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, thats not a setup like you requested it. Only fileservers can work like this as croydon pointed out.

The setup that I described ins a replicated cluster. In areplicated cluster, each server can handle the requests for the other server, so in case one server fails, it can take over the requests for the failed server. So all data is stored redundantly on both servers and not like you requesed in your first post that data is stored only on one server and the second is only used if the first one is full.