Provider -> MyServer (PostFix + ASSP) -> Exchange -> Users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AkumA, Feb 26, 2007.

1. AkumA

AkumA New Member

Hello everybody :)

I'm checking and re-checking my server because i cannot commit errors when i will make it operative, but i've realized that maybe it's bettert to make it work in a "Test mode", so i can do mistakes and i can learn something about the things i need.

Is there anyone that has some suggestion for helping me put this server as a "Test"?
    I've a provider, that could send mail to my public ip (With ETRN configuration i've understand).

In this case emails will be directy forwarded to my firewall's public ip; i'm gonna "Take" this mails with Postfix (Configured for a Firewall situation).

The mails are gonna be processed by ASSP and forwarded
    to an Exchange server and then redistributed to users.

My question is: how can i configure those machines having my server actin as a test, so i cannot lose any email?

My server is an Ubuntu LTS 6.06.1 Dapper Drake server, and i've followed Falko's howto for the parts that are useful for me, and Ovis' ASSP guide.

I've checked with postfix check, with telnet commands and all seems to work.
    Right now i'm re-following step by step the Howtos and try to discover some typings errors or something wrong in general, but it seems all ok.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Why don't you use a test domain for testing (sending and receiving emails, etc.)?