ProFTP Self Config Problems (far too many to explain) Related to vhosting

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by j.smith1981, Nov 23, 2010.

1. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Hi ya,

I am having some trouble with ProFTP.

I wanted to allow FTP access to my 3 sites I am hosting, trialling to come up with a solution as such.

Thought the best way would be to allow the user (the client) to download the source off a single public IP address, would this be at all possible?

So say if a user if they where say anonymous (not that their going to be of course), but say they where for arguements sake. would connect to an actual linux dir of /websites/mydomain/ftp would then send the user when typing in would take them to /websites/2nddomain.

And so on for the next site...

Would this be at all possible do you know?

Would be very interesting, I dont mind having to say make maybe 2 new IP's virtuals off the eth0 which is my internet connection card if you like, would this be possible if needed?

Too many questions I can appreciate but how would I do this if its at all possible?

Just a bit clueless in ProFTP and wanted some help :confused:

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies,
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Sorry but thats the guide I have already been looking at.

Has anyone else got any help or done this before?
  4. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Ahh I know what this is!

When for some reason or other if I go through your tutorial for the anonymous account (even when I use the exact same user creation process), it still asks for the password, hmm weird on mine anyways.

But if I say copied the details from the ftp account (setup for proftp) it works if I change the user settings in proftp for the anonymous account to the new one copied off the ftp with the new user name like ftp_anon for example, it works.

Weird eh?

Works though, now just trying to secure it, got my firewall probing the ports for scans though aswell, which was a worry too!

Thannks for your help though!