Problems with roundcube & vhost domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nickcob111, Dec 4, 2013.

1. nickcob111

nickcob111 New Member

I installed roundcube on my server with ISP Config 3.
    when i go to my ip x.xx.xxx.x/webmail I do see the roundcube webmail login and it works..

But when i go to a domain created in ispconfig like example.com/webmail i get redirected to a whitepage. My roundcube directory is in /var/www/webmail

I checked the error_log of ispconfig in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/example.com and then i found out i got this open_basedir error:

PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/webmail/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web5/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web5/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web5/tmp:/var/www/example.com/web:/srv/www/example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/var/www/webmail/index.php' (include_path='.') in Unknown on line 0

Then i found out in ispconfig -> websites -> [name site] -> options if i add /var/www/webmail to open_basedir and then restart apache that it then does work ONLY for that specific domain.

But id like to have it that every domain works like [domain-name]/webmail.

Any idea's what im doing wrong? This doesnt feel like the way to do it all by hand for every domain.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a error in the apache roundcube configuration file. You have to configure roundcube to run with mod_php there, similar to the configuration that is described for squirrelmail in the perfect setup guide.

3. nickcob111

nickcob111 New Member

Thanks! I went to /etc/apache2/conf.d/roundcube.conf
    I added php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/webmail
    now it works :)

this is the part that i edited:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
    php_flag track_vars On
    php_flag register_globals Off
    php_value include_path .