Problems with postfix + virtual users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Puthuff, Dec 11, 2008.

  1. Puthuff

    Puthuff New Member

    Followed this tutorial + i added squirrel mail. It worked after i was finished then i commented out the bind address 127.0.0.1 in the my.cnf mysql file so i could access my database using navicat and im afraid maybe i borked it :(

    http://howtoforge.com/virtual_users_and_domains_with_postfix_debian_etch


     
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

    What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

    Have you tried to restart amavisd?
     
  3. Puthuff

    Puthuff New Member


    this is what happens when i send a mail to my server
    now it seems like the mail i send is just sitting in the queue and it's not attempting to send or receive even with a postconf -f but no errors :eek:
     
  4. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

    What's the output of
    Code:
    postqueue -p
    ?
    Are there any other errors in your mail log?
     
  5. Puthuff

    Puthuff New Member

    all my mail is timing out on initial server greeting, but it seems to send my mail late/ early in the morning around 1-2AM.


     
  6. White

    White New Member

    this may or may not help but back up your main.cf file then find the lines below

    virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
    virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf

    plus any others that have = proxy:mysql in them and delete the proxy: this was the only way i could get the tutorial to work for me.

    see

    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22665
     
  7. Puthuff

    Puthuff New Member

    Seemed to have fixed my problem; I did remove the proxy line from my main.cf but i also needed to update my clamav

    inorder to do that i had to
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon stop
    /etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam stop
    lsof /var/lib/clamav/
    kill all of those processes

    then i had to add
    Code:
    deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main contrib non-free
    to my /etc/apt/sources.lst

    then i had to install the newer clamav components
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade -s
    apt-get install clamav-freshclam
    i didnt have anything that would break with apt-get upgrade so i went through with that and it upgraded the clamav-base installation.

    everything seems to be working hunky dory now.
     

Share This Page