Problems configuring ispconfig database

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by saco721, Mar 6, 2011.

1. saco721

saco721 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, I am new to ISPconfig and am having problems with the ispconfig database. I am using the multiserver setup for Debian. My webserver is running 64bit version of Debian netinst. Mail, db and nameservers are running i386.All the base systems are in place. I have installed ISPconfig on my webserver, but I am experiencing problems with my mail server. Basically I am at the stage of installing ISPConfig3 and I get to :
    But I get back :
    I have tried a few different methods to get this working without success. Here is an example of the setup I have used.
    password used when installing mysql server :

Then I run the following queries, with password (passwordmail1) for root:
    Then I run ISPConfig setup on mail server and do :
    Is this correct?

One other question I have is how to restart the setup without having to reinstall Debian, can I just drop the ISPConfig database using phpmyadmin, then rerun queries?

Thanks very much for your time!.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to run this:

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwordmail1';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwordmail1' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

twice for every slave server on the master before ispconfig is installed, once for the IP "192.168.0.106" and a second time for the hostname "mail.example.com". If you dont do that, you get the forbidden error that you described above. Also make sure that you add the lines in the /etc/hosts files for all servers on each server.

Just correct these things in the mysql server on the master and check all hosts fiels, then restart mysal and proceed with the installation of ispconfig on the slaves. No need to reinstall the master or slaves.