problem with special characters

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rayit, Sep 4, 2007.

  1. rayit

    rayit New Member

    I copied a site with scp from debian 3 system to debian 4 system.
    If I open the document in the console I see these strange signs and
    not the special signs.
    Also on the website strange signs are displayed and not the special signs.

    I tried several things with my locale settings but withou results.

    somebody has a clue??:confused:

    Over het algemeen is ons lichaam niet of slechts in beperkte mate in staat vitaminen te produceren in de hoeveelheden waaraan ons lichaam behoefte heeft. Daarom moeten we ze uit ons voedsel of uit synthetische bronnen halen en dat is dan ook de reden waarom vitaminen onder de noemer �essentiele voedingsstoffen� vallen. Aangezien ons lichaam simpelweg niet in staat is een groot aantal van de vitaminen waar het behoefte aan heeft aan te maken, is een goede multivitamine essentieel. Als een bepaalde vitamine aan ons dieet ontbreekt of niet voldoende door een organisme wordt opgenomen, loopt u een grotere kans op een specifieke gebreksziekte of u wordt moe, ge�rriteerd en geestelijk minder alert.

    THANKS

    RayIT
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Seems as your new server uses a different locale. Please compare the locale settings in both servers. you should be able to change the locales with the command:

    dpkg-reconfigure locales
     
  3. rayit

    rayit New Member

    he Till tried it..

    I needed some time to change the locales(got some errors first,you need to choose the right ones..) on the debian 4
    but it now seems the same on both servers!
    Thanks

    On the console it now is ok, but apache(websites) does still not show the good symbols
    Is there something extra for apache needed?

    example on website:
    B贡-caroteen :confused:

    on the console:
    Bèta-caroteen

    Many thanks

    Raymond
    RayIT


    [email protected]:~$ locale
    LANG=en_US
    LC_CTYPE="en_US"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
    LC_TIME="en_US"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
    LC_PAPER="en_US"
    LC_NAME="en_US"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
    LC_ALL=

    [email protected]:~$ locale
    LANG=en_US
    LC_CTYPE="en_US"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
    LC_TIME="en_US"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
    LC_PAPER="en_US"
    LC_NAME="en_US"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
    LC_ALL=
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  5. aceyzeriat

    aceyzeriat New Member

    hem,

    personally I just commented out that httpd.conf line
    I had :

    AddDefaultCharset UTF8

    and it brought a mess to my french characters so I just commented it.
    #AddDefaultCharset UTF8

    and it works :D
     

Share This Page