Problem with second webserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alex_popa_81, Feb 27, 2014.

1. alex_popa_81

alex_popa_81 New Member

I succesfully installed the second webserver, following tutorial of multiserver setup, installed ISPconfig 3 w/o web interface, in expert mode, connected to the master database on the first one...... all is fine.

I created a website which is actually a subdomain to my main site (I will need that to be on the second webserver.
    All is fine, ISPConfig 3 created the correct user (client 2), the correct web folder, and I created also the DNS A record at my main domain. This points to my external main IP.....
    And now the problem:
    when I try resolving the address in a browser, the server redirects me in the main index.html file located on my main webserver..... WHY?

At sites -> Web domain I left * at IPv4 address, but server is (secondary webserver).
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your dns record for the subdomain is wrong or your desktop is caching the old dns record and has not picked up the new one yet.
  3. alex_popa_81

alex_popa_81 New Member

I thaught of that also. I only inserted A for subdomain which points to my public IP.
    I don't know how it will react if I create a new zone with the subdomain as zone name...... A record, and I think I will need it to point to the intranet IP somehow..... maybe zone transfer? I need some piece of advice for this.
  4. alex_popa_81

alex_popa_81 New Member

Anybody? Common guys, surely some of you encountered the same problem.
    I'm kind off jammed in here and I really need this info. Please?